ESIX: cu does not detect dropped line.

Jim Gottlieb jimmy at denwa.info.com
Thu Nov 29 07:17:27 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov23.044733.1628 at druid.uucp> darcy at druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
>In article <KAYVAN.90Nov22013215 at mrspoc.Transact.COM> Kayvan Sylvan writes:
>>The problem: When I use cu to dial into another system, when I log out
>>and the line is dropped, cu sits there still waiting for input. It's
>>almost as if the modem control does not work. I have to do "~." to get
>>back to the shell.
>
>Check your devices.  The minor number should 128 higher for lines with
>modem control.  Here is part of my /dev directory:

I have the same problem, but I am using the Megaport 24-port card.  I
set up the port for modem control, and modem control does in fact work
on incoming calls as evidenced by the fact that hanging up from the
remote end logs out the caller.

But on outgoing calls, I must always do a ~. to get out.  It's not a
modem configuration problem, as unplugging the cable to the modem
(thereby definitely dropping CD and DSR) still doesn't end the cu(1)
session.

Maybe I will try the new 2.0 drivers from Equinox and see if they
resolve it.