Ethernet Cards

Jim Gottlieb jimmy at denwa.info.com
Thu Nov 29 07:49:50 AEST 1990

Usually, we use the 8-bit Ethercard Plus in our systems running
Interactive 2.2 + TCP/IP 1.2.  Is there any reason not to move up to
the 16-bit card (I know we have to get the latest drivers from WD)?
It's not that much more expensive.

A recent post mentioned problems with the Ethercard Plus in 33MHz
systems.  Likewise, we had problems with it (the 8-bit version) in our
Olivetti M380/XP-9 machines (basically a 33MHz version of the AT&T
6386E WGS).  We switched to the 3Com 3C503 and all was fine.  Our video
card (Olivetti supplied) doesn't have the option to switch it into
8-bit mode.  I wonder if the 16-bit Ethercard Plus would have worked.