SCO's ODT does not work on any 80486?

Michael Davidson md
Wed Sep 19 03:18:02 AEST 1990

firewind at xroads.UUCP (Tom Parker) writes:
>Yesterday I was on a conference call with a person my company sold a '486 to,
>and Technology Powers Enterprise(TPE) who made the motherboard.  It seems
>that SCO's ODT will not install on this motherboard.  When our customer
>called, SCO asked him what kind of computer it was.  They said that since it
>wasn't on their list of "approved" 80486's that they could offer no help.  So
>TPE gets involved and finds out that SCO has not tested ODT on *ANY* 80486!!!

Actually this information is incorrect - we have tested ODT, SCO UNIX and
SCO Xenix on a number of 486 machines - I don't have a complete list, but
I *know* that we have tested with Compaq's 25MHz 486 DeskPro and with the
Olivetti CP486. As new *clone* motherboards are starting to appear it is
sometimes hard to keep up, but we are *always* interested in seeing new
motherboards (preferably *before* they are released) - we can also arrange
to get copies of SCO product to legitimate h/w developers so that they
can test their new motherboards with our software.

Tom - please feel free to mail me direct about this - I would like to
follow through and find out what is wrong.