SCO's ODT does not work on any 80486?

John Boteler bote at csense.uucp
Fri Sep 21 02:53:28 AEST 1990

>From article <1990Sep18.070431.3008 at pegasus.com>, by richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk):
>>Note, I'm not trying to absolve SCO - they do indeed advertise that
>>ODT "works on" i486 boxes.  To SCO's credit, however, they do indeed
>>check out and publish a list of "supported" systems.  Your company having
>>sold a box to a customer which didn't appear on the list is your problem,
>>not SCO's.
> I think you're assuming way too much.  Is the seller required to quiz
> his customers?
>
> I'm sure it's not uncommon for a buyer to approach the vendor with a
> list of features.  It doesn't seem unreasonable for the vendor to
> assume that the buyer knows what he wants if he's acting like it.

"Gee, Doc, I came to see you to get a precscription for Coritsone
because my hair is falling out..."

I guess this points out the difference between a system integrator
and a 'seller' quite forcefully.

--
John Boteler   bote at csense.uucp           {uunet | ka3ovk}!media!csense!bote
SkinnyDipper's Hotline: 703-241-BARE | VOICE only, Touch-Tone(TM) signalling