Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Wed May 1 04:53:05 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr25.180938.21875 at kithrup.COM> sef at kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) writes:
> As *I* read it (not being privvy to the thoughts of anyone in the industry,
> mind you), ISC consideres their 3.2 product to be obsolete, with the
> introduction of SysVr4.

Problem is, we have an installed base of software that needs SVR3.2, not SVR4.
It involves device drivers, so we can't just run it on SVR4.

Another problem with SVR4 is that it chews up even more RAM than SVR3. SVR3
has enough of an advantage over Xenix to make it worth some pain to upgrade.
SVR4 just doesn't give us anything we really can't do without.
Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com