Barnacle Wes wes at harem.clydeunix.com
Tue May 14 01:42:56 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr26.070424.2756 at emisle.uucp> dvb at emisle.UUCP (David Van Beveren) writes:
> Of course, I have been dealing with Decstations and SPARCstations
> recently, so I am used to stuff working out of the box :=)

In article <660 at genco.bungi.com>, dls at genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith) retorts:
% How much did your Decstation and your SPARC cost you?  I haven't seen
% any I would buy for my own use with my own income.  Really, they are in
% a different class and should be recognized as such.  They had better work
% out of the box for over $10K.

Mr. Van Beveren must not have tried to use NFS on his DECstation if he
is "used to stuff working out of the box."  :-(  Besides, if they made
every version of unix identical, it would put those of us who know how
to hack around until it works out of a job!  :-)

	Wes Peters
--
#include <std/disclaimer.h>                               The worst day sailing
My opinions, your screen.                                   is much better than