INTEL 5.4 2.0 and Adaptec 1542B

Bill Hatch bill at alembic.acs.com
Mon May 27 10:31:20 AEST 1991

In article <1991May20.145226.7155 at march.co.uk> rossw at march.co.uk (Ross Wakelin) writes:
>The INTEL 5.4 release 2.0 (developers edition) has buggy drivers for the
>Adaptec 1542B SCSI host adaptor.
>
>We were using this adaptor in a 25Mhz Mylex 486 motherboard, and achieved
>a record number of system lockups and crashes.  The machine would go away
>for a minute or so and then report a SCSI error.  At this point, our only
>option was to reboot the machine.

We have been using an Adaptek 1524B SCSI board with a HP SCSI 300MB disk
on a HP Vectra RS/c 386 20 Mhz, Intel 5.4, Unix V file system,
with no problems.     We did have some unexplained crashes with the
BSD file system.

--
Bill Hatch  (301)470-3839(w)  (301)441-1675(h)
Coleman Research, 14504 Greenview Drive, Laurel MD 20708