Load average for Emacs on SCO Unix 3.2.2?

Petri Wessman Petri.Wessman at hut.fi
Fri May 17 00:59:54 AEST 1991

I'm trying to make GNU Emacs (18.57) dig up the load average on SCO
Unix 3.2v2.0, without much success so far. It should be possible
because 'w' does it, but I haven't found the magic formula yet...
anyone know what type the averages are in the kernel (double, long, ?)
and how to convert them to the normal "load average" figure? Anyone
done this for Emacs already? All help appreciated.