Load average for Emacs on SCO Unix 3.2.2?

Ralph Roberts robertsr at cs.unca.edu
Fri May 17 10:25:35 AEST 1991

In article <PETRI.WESSMAN.91May16165954 at wonderwoman.hut.fi> Petri.Wessman at hut.fi (Petri Wessman) writes:
>I'm trying to make GNU Emacs (18.57) dig up the load average on SCO
>Unix 3.2v2.0, without much success so far. It should be possible
>because 'w' does it, but I haven't found the magic formula yet...
>anyone know what type the averages are in the kernel (double, long, ?)
>and how to convert them to the normal "load average" figure? Anyone
>done this for Emacs already? All help appreciated.

Why not  just call the  display-time function? In  addition to showing
the  time on the mode  line, it also  shows   the  load average. Works
beautifully on my SCO system.

--
Ralph Roberts  author at cs.unca.edu    |    The Unix Desktop Guide to Emacs
               Asheville, N.C.       |      Compute!'s Computer Viruses