lockd and informix do not get along

Chris Durham chrisdu at sco.COM
Wed May 8 03:32:59 AEST 1991

/--sengillo at Kodak.COM (Alan Sengillo) said...
| I have a problem when I run informix on a SCO or Interactive system that is
| running NFS. The problem is that lockd takes up alot of CPU time whenever
| I do a delete from the database. The surpising thing is that the database is
| not on the NFS mount. If I turn NFS off, the problem goes away. Has anyone
| else encountered this problem?
|
| The NFS mount is used to mount a directory that is on a SUN.

All lock requests go through lockd when NFS is running.  We realize that
lockd requests are "slow", and that they take up alot of CPU time.  We
are currently developing a new Network Lock Manager for NFS, which will
be included in ODT 1.2, and which will be available as a (S)upport
(L)evel (S)upplement (SLS) in the next two months.

--
chris durham					chrisdu at sco.COM
Technical Support				...!{uunet,ucscc}!sco!chrisdu

"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was. You'd better rearrange
your beliefs, then, because you certainly can't rearrange the universe."

		_Nightfall_ by Isaac Asimov & Robert Silverberg