X386 problem: Xaw i/make cannot find _divsi3. What/where is it?

Thomas Roell roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu May 16 21:13:31 AEST 1991

>I'm trying to "make" some Xaw examples that are part of the X11R4
>examples, under Roell's (great) 386 X11R4, under ISC 2.2.1.
>
>Problem:
>    I get 3 undefined symbols:  _divsi3, _fxdfsi (both in libXaw.a),
                                 ^^^^^^^  ^^^^^^^
>and _udivsi3 (in libXt.a).  Where the heck are these three thingies and

The stuff was orignally compiled with GCC. These routines are in the gnulib.
But building shared libs depends on GCC 1.39. For older versions there must be
some more ....

If you are trying to compile own clients, use either gcc or the shared libs,
which don't depend (for clients) on gcc.

- Thomas
E-Mail (domain):	 roell at lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
UUCP (if above fails):   roell at tumult.{uucp | informatik.tu-muenchen.de}
famous last words: "diskspace - the final frontier..."