TCP/IP to DECNET software/hardware needed

Tillmann A. Basien basien at pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de
Wed May 22 03:17:55 AEST 1991

peter at modtor.uucp (Peter Ziobrzynski) writes:

>Does anybody know about the software/hardware package that would link
>386 PC with ISC2.2 runing TCP/IP and VAX/VMS running DECNET.
>I need is to be able to run rtools (rsh, rlogin, rcp...) and telnet
>to and from the VAX.
>The most desirable solution (I think) would be some kind of network card
>that could be plugged into a PC and a UNIX software that would gateway DECNET
>to TCP/IP.
>I found a Racal Interlan product in ISC compatibility listings but they
>do not sell it any more.
Mounth ago I posted the same question.
Today I think the only proper solution of this problem is to install a
TCP/IP on VAX (like VMS/Ultix Connaction)

But it's right, there are still some companies how have special products:
Meridian, PO BOX 2006,St. Loius, MO 03011
Recal Interlan, 155 Swanson Road,Boxboroug,MA 01719,+1 508 263 9929
Syntax, +1 206 833 2525
TGV,+1 408 427 4366
Wollongong,Minervatraat 4,B-1930 Zaventem,Belgium,+32 2 725 4910

Please, feel free to email me.

Tillmann

--
					             basien at PEM-Stuttgart.de
Dipl.-Ing. Tillmann A. Basien           PEM Programmentwicklungsgesellschaft