AT&T SysV Rel 4.0 - Cry for installation help...

Dave Hayes dave at jato.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 15 05:17:55 AEST 1991

gantzm at gantz.bowlgreen.oh.us (gantzm) writes:

>Problem:
>        System boots from boot disks and prepares hard disk fine.
>System then reboots off of the hard disks.  System asks if I want
>to install from Tape or Floppy disk, I answer Tape bacause thats
>all I have.  Well after that, the tape light comes on, nothing happens
>, and the system then tells me to check my tape drive....

I had the same problem with two different vendors...and it turned
out that when I used the floppy drive version from one vendor...it
worked just fine. Turns out that there needs to be some kernel support
for the tape drive you have...best tha I can figure anyway.

I'd suggest trying to get a copy of the floppy disk version of the
OS. I spent over a month and a half with this problem.

--
Dave Hayes - Network & Communications Engineering - JPL / NASA - Pasadena CA
dave at elxr.jpl.nasa.gov       dave at jato.jpl.nasa.gov           ames!elroy!dxh

   "It is a dragon, destroyer of all," cried the ants.
                                   Then a cat caught the lizard.