tty modem control under Esix Rev D

Stephen M. Youndt steve at hacker.uucp
Fri May 17 11:11:14 AEST 1991

I've tried, and read, and tried again, and I can't get a tty device with modem
control under Esix Rev D.  The ttyMxx device with the minor device number equal
to the minor device number of the coresponding ttyxx port plus 128 is unaccess-
able from either uucico or cu.  I don't fully understand the format of the
sdevice.d/asy file, but the release notes I have from Revs C & D mention nothing
about any mods that need to be made to get modem control working.

Can anyone out there supply with a cookbook approach to getting this working?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

SMY
--
Stephen M. Youndt -- uunet!hacker!steve