tty modem control under Esix Rev D

Nathan D. Lane nlane at well.sf.ca.us
Sun May 19 17:50:33 AEST 1991

In article <586 at hacker.UUCP> steve at hacker.uucp (Stephen M. Youndt) writes:
>I've tried, and read, and tried again, and I can't get a tty device with modem
>control under Esix Rev D.  The ttyMxx device with the minor device number equal
>to the minor device number of the coresponding ttyxx port plus 128 is unaccess-
>able from either uucico or cu.  I don't fully understand the format of the
>sdevice.d/asy file, but the release notes I have from Revs C & D mention nothing
>about any mods that need to be made to get modem control working.
>
>Can anyone out there supply with a cookbook approach to getting this working?
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance
>
>SMY
>--
>Stephen M. Youndt -- uunet!hacker!steve

The file ythat actually does all the work is:
/etc/conf/pack.d/asy/space.c
if I remember correctly.  About 1.5 screens through the file is a
listing of your tty ports - the i/o address is te first field,
interrupt (hardware) is the second and I believe the third
is the modem control field - if you want modem control, that
filed must be MCOUT2 or OUT2 instead of 0.  You should check
the file to be sure that they are correct - i've had my share of
problems with the initasy script that came with Esix.  (it doesn't
work for any other cnfig than perfectly "normal").
That's just a lead, and I don't know if it will work.

-Nathan Lane
Digital Technology Service
Santa Barbara, CA
(805) 683-3760