Networking DOS to Unix (Know about commercial products...)

Tony Holden tony at jassys.UUCP
Mon May 6 13:22:33 AEST 1991

> In article <24479 at well.sf.ca.us> nlane at well.sf.ca.us (Nathan D. Lane) writes:
> >
> >I know about PC-Interface and PC-NFS, but the licensing fees are very, very
> >stiff - why would anyone want Unix at $300.00 a pop if they could have

Unless Locus has just rasied their prices on me, it ain't $300 a pop.
It's $195 per seat on the DOS side.  They don't have a dealer here in
North Texas so I bought straight from them at $165 for 10 copies.

They do have a serial number based copy protection scheme that sucks
big-time if you are planning to have more than a few users.  I have to
keep track of all of the floppies (gee, haven't I heard that before
:-)).  They say they are *looking* that a site licesen (sp) type setup.
They damm well better come hurry up before I start looking at
something else ( hint, hint )

--
Tony Holden					live on the edge,
tony at jassys					  Bank in Texas