Networking DOS to Unix (Know about commercial products...)

IT Manager jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Fri May 10 23:53:41 AEST 1991

In article <1991May04.133841.15629 at nstar.rn.com>, larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:

> I have PCI here - and have noticed some problems when running PCI along
> with NCSA telnet on the same machine --  have you tried this combination?

No.  One reason I like PCI is that Locus's TCP/IP product drops right in
and works with PCI.  While I understand it's not free like NCSA telnet,
it's a nice solution nonetheless.

I'd imagine that anything else that needs to talk to the ethernet is going
to conflict with the way PCI talks to the ethernet.  Even Locus's TCP/IP
includes an "interface" module which interfaces the PCI Bridge driver to
the TCP/IP driver.

Good luck.
James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		615/821-4022 x. 651