SCO and console terminal emulation

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Fri May 31 09:12:50 AEST 1991

In article <1991May30.114452.13328 at aucs.AcadiaU.ca> 880139h at aucs.acadiau.ca (Rob Hutten) writes:
>The problem
>only arises when I telnet to other machines- setting term=vt100
>*almost* works properly, but I encounter some problems when using
>a full-screen editor- it seems to have trouble keeping up with
>the scrolling and I'm forced to use ^L fairly often to
>refresh the screen.

The console is not a VT100; it's an (almost) ANSI.  Actually, as far as I
know, it's a superset of an ANSI terminal, including 25 lines (instead of
24), color, and a few other things.

I would suggest you snag the termcap and terminfo (if appropriate) entries
from the SCO system, and install them on the target system (possibly as
'scoansi' instead of ansi).

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."