SCO and console terminal emulation

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Fri May 31 10:42:33 AEST 1991

880139h at aucs.acadiau.ca (Rob Hutten) writes:
>Hi.  I'm running SCO UNIX SysV/386 v2.0 release 3.2 and I'm
>having terminal emulation problems on the console.  The problem
>only arises when I telnet to other machines- setting term=vt100
>*almost* works properly...

I have this same problem:  if I 'cu' to a remote system and tell
it my terminal type is vt100, the ANSI interpreter under SCO 3.2.2
really messes a lot of escape sequences up (especially those having
to do with insert/delete line--try hitting ^O in Emacs).  Do I need
to ship my terminfo description over to all potential remote systems,
or is there some terminal type which I can use?

Since I suspect a number of people have run into this problem, please
post the solution if you have one.

-rich