How to make xfig under ISC 2.0.2 or 2.2?

Daniel Mocsny dmocsny at minerva.che.uc.edu
Mon May 13 12:27:01 AEST 1991

Hello.

I thought I was getting better at installing UNIX software under
ISC 386/ix. Then I tried to install xfig.2.0 patch level 9 or
whatever is floating around on the various archive sites.

I'm under the impression that I have to do something with imake.
First of all, I have never seen any documentation on this, but
I gather that it's a program that "automatically" generates
makefiles. The automatically-generated Makefile that comes with
xfig looks like it's for make'ing under SunOS. I found imake in
/usr/bin/X11 where it's supposed to be, but before I go wrecking
the system here I thought I would ask if anyone else has any
advice for installing xfig under ISC UNIX.

The docs that came with xfig are *very* terse. No advice at all
on how to build it. I guess this imake program must be so wonderful
that nobody needs to document anything anymore :-)

Thanks for the help, and sorry about another stupid question... :-|

E-mail or post. If this isn't old news, I'll post a summary...

--
Dan Mocsny
Internet: dmocsny at minerva.che.uc.edu