ESIX Release 4.0 questions

Nathan D. Lane nlane at well.sf.ca.us
Wed May 22 14:31:15 AEST 1991

Direct from Esix:
4.0 will work with more than 16 MB RAM in an ISA system , of course only
if the RAM is on the motherboard.  As for boards with I/O addresses
greater than 4K, that is a bus limitation that most clone motherboards
have - they only have 10 bits of I/O addressing decoded on their
buses.  I had that problem once on a machine for a multi-port
serial board - it just wouldn't work.  Then I found out about the 10
bit i/o business.

I do not have 4.0 yet, but I will have it real soon now and will
post as to its effectiveness.

-Nathan Lane