Is >16MB possible on ISA box (ISC 2.2.1)?

Randy Suess randy at chinet.chi.il.us
Tue May 14 10:34:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991May13.115029.14295 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>As far as I know, SCO is the only vendor to support > 16 MB (although I
>don't know if it will work on ISA bus systems, but I think it will). SCO
>                                                Sterling, VA 22170
	AT&T SysvR3.2? runs on their 6386 box's (ISA) with up to
	40 megs memory just fine.  They use their own DMA controller
	on a 32 bit bus.  I guess the kernel must have special
	support for over 16 megs, because when I try to run
	QEMM (a 386 memory manager) under dos on the same machine,
	it goes nuts.  Bring it down to 16 megs, and everything runs
	fine.

--
Randy Suess
randy at chinet.chi.il.us