VP/ix under 386/ix thinks console is monochrome

leo at aai.com leo at aai.com
Fri May 10 03:37:39 AEST 1991

jeffn at icsep486.sccsi.com (Jeff Noxon) writes:

>I'm running 386/ix 2.2 on a Micronics 486 and an Orchid Prodesigner II VGA
>card with 1 MB of RAM on board.  X11 works fine in color at all resolutions
>but for some reason my VP/ix thinks the system is monochrome now.

>I've tried reinstalling the VP/ix and reinstalling the OS, and the problem
>has not cleared up.

Here's another for the FAQ!  Connor?

Try commenting out the EGAROM and VGAROM lines in your vpix/vpix.cnf file.
Then vpix will look at what the hardware actually is, allowing color use.
You might want to change it in /usr/vpix/defaults/vpix.cnf so new users
will get the right one, but it only gets copied to a user's account if one
doesn't already exist.
--
Leo	leo at aai.com   leo%aai at uunet.uu.net   ...uunet!aai!leo