VP/ix under 386/ix thinks console is monochrome

Richard Karasik richard at octel.UUCP
Sat May 18 02:58:47 AEST 1991

In article <691 at hitachi.uucp> jon at hitachi.UUCP (Jon Ryshpan) writes:
 >In article <1991May07.214428.10067 at icsep486.sccsi.com> jeffn at nuchat.sccsi.com.UUCP (Jeff Noxon) writes:
 >>I'm running 386/ix 2.2 on a Micronics 486 and an Orchid Prodesigner II VGA
 >>card with 1 MB of RAM on board.  X11 works fine in color at all resolutions
 >>but for some reason my VP/ix thinks the system is monochrome now.
 >
 >I had *exactly* the same problem.  It's some disagreement between VP/ix
 >and the Prodesigner.  If you get another board (I've had good luck with
 >a Paradise board, a Paradise clone, and a Compaq built in VGA)
 >everything will probably work OK.  I have no idea what the trouble is.

NONONONONONO --- This is an olde problem with VP/ix -comment out the the romvga
and romega entries in the vpix configuration file (.cnf) and then VP/ix will use the orchi
bios rather than the built in VP/IX bios

tada --
As a followup anybody get ventura working under VP/IX and prodesigner board?
If so how...