/etc/init -> /bin/init

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.DEC.COM
Thu Apr 14 09:05:37 AEST 1988

In article <27815 at felix.UUCP>, fuat at cunixc.columbia.edu (Fuat C. Baran) writes:

> Does anyone know why DEC decided to move /etc/init to /bin/init in
> Ultrix 2.2?  I didn't run across this in the release notes or anywhere
> else.

Check out the release notes page 1-2 under the heading "FIle
System Reorganization."  While I'll admit it doesn't go into as much
detail as one would like, it does warn about the file system reorg and
give some reasons for it.

There are other notes in the release notes which should have given you
ample warning as to why a 2.2 kernel cannot exist with many 2.0 system
programs.

Fred