Update on 2.2 patch tape.

David Schmidt davids at iscuva.ISCS.COM
Sat Aug 27 00:50:48 AEST 1988

In article <54080 at felix.UUCP> animal at ernie.UUCP (Alan R. Silverman) writes:
>Warning!  I received my Ultrix 2.3 update and was warned by DEC Cust.
>Support to NOT install it if I installed the 2.2 bugfix.
>
>[...]
>
>We will load back to 2.2, then upgrade to 2.3  .

After seeing a warning here about installing 2.3 on a patched 2.2 system
I called DEC Customer Support and heard the same thing.  However, I
remembered looking at the install script on the patch tape and seeing that
it saved the old version 2.2 files.  I was able to move the old files
(named filename.org0) to their original names and rebuild my 2.2 kernel.

I then moved the two other programs (fsck and uerf?) to their original
locations, loaded the patch tape and everything worked fine.  There is
no need to load a backup tape of your original 2.2 system.

Hope that helps!
--
David Schmidt              UUCP:  davids at iscuva.ISCS.COM
ISC Systems Corporation           (uunet!iscuva!davids)