rdump - lost connection

Brain in Neutral bin at primate.wisc.edu
Sat Dec 31 02:27:18 AEST 1988

[original article references "lost connection" in rdump/rrestore
between two Ultrix machines using different versions of Ultrix]

I experienced the same problem using rdump/rrestore with a 2.2 VAXstation
using the tape drive on a 1.2 VAX 8200.

Using the o option fixes the problem.  This is in the man pages.
(Maybe Ultrix 2.0 rdump/rrestore don't have an o option?).

I probably wouldn't have known to try this except that after losing
the connection, both rdump and rrestore suggested to use o!!

Paul DuBois
dubois at primate.wisc.edu	rhesus!dubois
bin at primate.wisc.edu	rhesus!bin