Request for help: electronic submission of SPRs

Chuck Karish karish at forel.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 28 03:05:00 AEST 1989

In article <468 at granite.dec.com> rwood at dec.com or rwood at gatekeeper.dec.com (Richard Wood) writes:
>I've been thinking about this for a long time now, and the recent
>conversations in this newsgroup have prompted me to make a request.
>
>How would you like to see electronic communications regarding bugs to
>work?

How do DEC support people like the QAR system that was used for
resolving problems in field test versions of ULTRIX 3.0?

Under this system, people dial up to a DEC host that provides a
bboard-like interface for browsing previously-reported problems and
entering new problems.  There is an option that allows the reporter to
keep a bug report private rather than making it available to others.

DEC may wish to restrict the reading of other bug reports; what's
appropriate for field test sites is not necessarily appropriate for the
whole customer base.

I liked this system pretty well, all but the VMS editor it provided.

	- People dial up directly to a

	Chuck Karish		hplabs!hpda!mindcrf!karish
	(415) 493-7277		karish at forel.stanford.edu