Decnet, VMS <==> Ultrix connection questions

Anthony A. Datri aad at stpstn.UUCP
Tue Apr 4 09:06:08 AEST 1989

In article <521 at mmlai.UUCP> burzio at mmlai.UUCP (Tony Burzio) writes:

>> >environment a whole lot better, and the CMU flavor is also cheap and does BSD
>> >lpr/lpd for remote printing.  Other vendors also supply TCP/IP for VMS.

>The CMU package does not work well to my Hewlett Packard.  For some reason it
>hangs up remote logins if they become inactive for a time.

HP-UX seems to have an auto-loggerout.  I think your problems there might
go away if you "unset autologout" in your shells, although I also admit there
might be a problem with the CMU tcp/ip itself.

>If you add NFS support to VMS along with RMS, do you need to have one of
>your symetrical procesors just running the I/O subsection?

There are those who don't want RMS anyway, but let's not start that again.

--
@disclaimer(Any concepts or opinions above are entirely mine, not those of my
	    employer, my GIGI, my VT05, or my 11/34)