Ultrix 2.2 Unsupported Software Subsets

Andrew Poling ecf_hap at jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU
Wed Apr 19 03:49:28 AEST 1989

In article <196 at hhb.UUCP> leonh at hhb.UUCP (leon howorth) writes:
[...]
>I have had my Ultrix 2.2 magtapes for almost a year now, but just recently
>had a request to extract the Lisp Programs from the second tape in the set,
>which is the Unsupported software tape. The part number of the tape is
>BB-JU93B-BE and it is labeled "ULTRIX-32 V2.2 UNSUPP MT9". I have extracted
>other subsets from this tape (such as news) but when I use the "setld" command
>for this subset the beginning portion of the tape is read by "setld" after
>which I receive the message "Unknown Subset". I am using the setld command in
[...]
>The Ultrix 2.2 Advanced Installation Guide (page B-15) lists the subset
>ULXLISP022 as one that is supposed to be on the tape. I would appreciate
>any assistance on this. Thanks.

If you look in /usr/etc/subsets, you will find the control (cntrl) files and
the index files (ind I think).  Just look to see if there are files there
which have root-names similiar to "ULXLISP022".

Also useful are the "lock" files (.lk?) which make setld think that that
subset is already loaded.  Very useful when you're trying to load Ultrix3.0
on a VS2000 with (1) RD32 drive and it insists on loading 12,000 blocks of
UWS software.  :-)

Good luck,

Andy

andy at gollum.hcf.jhu.edu