Ultrix 2.2 Unsupported Software Subsets

leon howorth leonh at hhb.UUCP
Mon Apr 17 22:24:25 AEST 1989

I am trying to determine if anyone possessing a set of Ultrix 2.2
Distribution tapes (1600 bpi magtape to be exact) has been able to extract
the Franz Lisp Development Package from the Unsupported Software tape.

I have had my Ultrix 2.2 magtapes for almost a year now, but just recently
had a request to extract the Lisp Programs from the second tape in the set,
which is the Unsupported software tape. The part number of the tape is
BB-JU93B-BE and it is labeled "ULTRIX-32 V2.2 UNSUPP MT9". I have extracted
other subsets from this tape (such as news) but when I use the "setld" command
for this subset the beginning portion of the tape is read by "setld" after
which I receive the message "Unknown Subset". I am using the setld command in
exactly the same manner as illustrated in section 8 of the Ultrix-32 v2.2
Programmers Manual, page 8-193. This is:

setld /mnt -a /dev/rmt0h ulxlisp022

(Note: I want to use /mnt as a temporary area for the programs).

I have tried variations of the setld command without success. My DEC
Distributor is not making too much progress in resolving this - so far DEC
has sent me two more of the exact same tape with the same results.
The Ultrix 2.2 Advanced Installation Guide (page B-15) lists the subset
ULXLISP022 as one that is supposed to be on the tape. I would appreciate
any assistance on this. Thanks.