DECstation 3100

Anthony A. Datri aad at stpstn.UUCP
Mon Apr 17 06:44:55 AEST 1989

In article <2661 at decuac.DEC.COM> avolio at decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:

>In addition, if you deal directly with Digital, you should make your
>sales rep. aware of any problems.  Yes, I have heard stories of unresponsive
>sales reps, but as they *need* your business to stay in business and that
>usually implies that they *want* you to be happy

My sales rep has done the following:

o told me that VMS VWS tapes will work under Ultrix (as UWS)
o been incredibly unresponsive
o failed to be able to tell me what the items on my software support contract
  MEAN.

At this point, I've been through 2 referrals, and everyone says they'll get
back to me, and they haven't.  I give up.  I can't even get an answer to
a simple question like:

If DECwindows aka UWS is packaged with Ultrix, and DECwindows obsoleting VWS is
packaged with VMS, why are there lines for them on my contract?  Why did I get
a box with the UWS part number that included a whole duplicate set of Ultrix
manuals?

(it also kills me to pay $170 a month to get make and RCS, but that's another
 issue)

--
@disclaimer(Any concepts or opinions above are entirely mine, not those of my
	    employer, my GIGI, my VT05, or my 11/34)