Can V1.2 file systems be mounted under 3.0

Marc Elsen ELSEN at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Aug 31 00:07:12 AEST 1989

    I will soon be upgrading from Ultrix 1.2 to 3.1 and I was wondering
whether V1.2 file systems can still be mounted under Ultrix 3.1.
The V3.0 Release Notes mention something about  a change to the
Clean Byte value on p2-40.Further it is stated that fsck should be run
at least once to make pre 3.0 file systems compatible with Ultrix 3.0.

Will this solve my problem or should I just create them again using 'newfs'
and restore files from backup (tar or dump) ?

Thanks for any help,
--

  Marc Elsen (System Manager/Software Engineer)
  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven

               EMAIL : elsen at esat.kuleuven.ac.be

                       ...!kulcs!kulesat!elsen (UUCP)
                       elsen%kulesat.uucp at blekul60 (BITNET)