HELP!! Problems Installing Ultrix on a DECstation 3100

Chris Cordrey chris at winsrf.dec.com
Fri Aug 18 08:06:34 AEST 1989

In article <704 at stsci.edu>, evans at stsci.EDU (Ian Evans) writes:

> We then attempt to install the Ultrix 3.1/UWS 2.1 update.  The first problem
> here is that our media and doc kit didn't include the Installation Guide and
> Release Notes mentioned in the cover letter.  What we did was to do a

I am forwarding this apology/explanation on from ULTRIX Product Management.
-chris
---------------------------------

Digital Equipment Corporation has identified a problem of missing
documentation in some ULTRIX-32 V3.1 and ULTRIX Worksystem
Software V2.1 kits.  The missing documentation consisted of the
ULTRIX-32 V3.1 / UWS V2.1 Release Notes and Installation Guide.

The kits that are affected are :

   QA-VYVAA-GZ  ULTRIX-32 (Risc) Full 3.0/3.1 kit
   QA-VYVAA-WZ  ULTRIX-32 (Risc) Update 3.1 kit
   QA-0JQAA-GZ  UWS (Risc) Full 2.0/2.1 kit

The affected ULTRIX kits were artificially delayed in manufacturing until
the documentation was added to the kits. The missing documentation has
been added to the affected products and all ULTRIX products are correctly
shipping as of 8/9/89.

For those affected kits that DIGITAL shipped to customers prior to the
discovery of the problem, DIGITAL is  compiling a list of customers, and
is in the process of shipping out the missing documentation to those
customers presently.

DIGITAL thanks you for your patience, and apologizes for any problem
caused by the missing documentation.

ULTRIX Product Management