Dec Windows

Ravindran Ramachandran rr at csuna.cs.uh.edu
Mon Aug 7 03:45:41 AEST 1989

   I was wondering if there are many people running DECwindows? Basically,
I am going blind by staring at a 14'' terminal with the default fonts. I
spent a lot of time reading the manuals, but they all seem to be written
for the user. But folks like us are not too concerned about the user; we
want to be able to set things as the *default* (ah, the pleasures of such
puny power).

   Anyway, I would like to set up the default font to be other than what
is given by DECwindows. Is there any system default file? (system.Xdefaults?)
I don't mind forcing an entry in every users .Xdefaults file, in the absense
of a system default file, if some kind soul could yodel me the name of the
widget (or resource?) that I have to set. Otherwise, I will have to switch
to uwm, and also will in that case bug the local ULTRIX guru (Alan, beware!)
to help in the setup .

     -- Ravi.

 Internet : rr at cs.uh.edu                  |          System Administrator
          : rr at csv1.cs.uh.edu             |          TCSUH, 617 SR1