Swapping and Ultrix 3.0

Gary Faulkner gary at mehlville.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 18 02:26:38 AEST 1989

This is not documented anywhere, but I wonder if it is possible anyway.

I have a VaxStation II with an RD54.  I currently swap to the "b" partition
on this drive (16 meg).  I would like (need) more swap space without buying
an additional disk drive.  My root and usr partitions are also on this drive,
and basically full.  Is there ANY way I can swap to the "b" partition and also
to a swap file on a remote machine? (in other words, is there any way to
configure it that it thinks it is a diskless system, while still swapping
locally?

Thanks...

Gary Faulkner
University of Illinois

Internet: garyf at mehlville.ncsa.uiuc.edu

Disclaimer:  I've only stated my opinion, not anyone elses.