DSIN access (was Re: Electronic SPR submission)

Scott Bemis seb022 at tijc02.UUCP
Thu Dec 21 05:26:24 AEST 1989

> I disagree!!!  As far as Ultrix is concerned, DSIN is almost as useless
> as the "Ultrix System Dispatch", which as we all know is slightly less
> than zero.

DSIN for the VMS operating system is an essential part of my tricks to fix the
numerous problems I face (as a side note, my current employer, Texas
Instruments Information Technology Group division, does not believe in
training).  Therefore, I want to receive my paycheck, I had better figure
out a way to fix problems with very little background on how to fix them).
DSIN basically has helped keep me employed and keep the paycheck coming
in.  For example, I had just used DSIN to determine what the SYSGEN
parameter TTY_DEFPORT meant (it was not listed in the documentation).
And unlike a bulletin board, I could search for past problem reports (just
like on the CD-ROM systems I have at work).

Scott Bemis
Texas Instruments (and wanting to change employers)
P. O. Drawer 1255, M/S 3517
Johnson City, Tennessee, U.S.A.  37601
Phone: (615) 461-2959
e-mail:  mcnc!rti!tijc02!seb022