Zmodem upload problems

Spencer W. Thomas spencer at eecs.umich.edu
Sat Dec 23 04:35:03 AEST 1989

I have a different problem trying to upload to my Sun 3/60.  The
serial port on the Sun just can't keep up with continuous 9600 baud
input.  It chokes after 3 or 4 characters (under Sun OS 4.0.3).  You
should check that this isn't your problem.  (Try turning off the
delay and "wait for echo" flags for sending characters from your
terminal emulator (Zmodem 0.85), and paste a string (of, say, 20
characters).  If the string gets through ok, then that's not your problem.

--
=Spencer (spencer at eecs.umich.edu)