DECnet Mail

Jeff Michaud michaud at decvax.dec.com
Fri Dec 1 12:50:52 AEST 1989

> I am trying to get incomming mail to work on a VAX 785 running ULTRIX V3.1.
> Outgoing mail to VMS and other ULTRIX hosts works fine, but I can't get
> anything to come in.  Any clues would be helpful.
>
> In sending mail to this host from VMS, I get the following error messages.
>
> 	%MAIL-E-LOGLINK, error creating network link to node umt
> 	-SYSTEM-F-CONNECFAIL, connect to network object time-out or failed

	Trying raising syslog's logging levl to 9 (ie. LOG_DEBUG) by editing
	/etc/syslog.conf and then either restarting syslog or sending it a
	hangup signal (ie. kill -HUP `cat /etc/syslog.pid`).

	Then send some more mail and take a look in syslog for any messages
	(actually you should probably check to see if there are any messages
	that mail11dv3 may of logged already at level 8).

	The problem could be as simple as /tmp and/or /usr/tmp having the wrong
	permissions set on them.

|Jeff Michaud    michaud at decwrl.dec.com  michaud at decvax.dec.com|
|DECnet-ULTRIX   #include <standard/disclaimer.h>              |