Name Servers on Ultrix...

Donna L. McCrave mccrave%pernod at icts01.UUCP
Tue Jan 31 06:17:47 AEST 1989

In article <75673 at felix.UUCP> you write:

>	Ok, how does one go about getting mail, telnet, ftp, finger, and
>all other internet related programs to recognize a name server???

You need to recompile telnet, ftp, and finger with references to the
nameserver libraries.  Or, you can wait to get version 3.0 of Ultrix
which has BIND4.7.3 incorporated (I've been running a pre-release of
this and it works pretty well-all the network programs use the
resolver libraries.)

>(any help with the new sendmail running on Ultrix with IDA would be
>GREATFULLY APPRECIATED!)

I am also trying to get IDA set up on Ultrix 3.0 and not having a
great time of it so far.  I would really appreciate if you would post
any responses you get on how to do this.