SCSI Disk Installation

Cathy Accettura cathy at larry.sal.wisc.edu
Sat Jun 17 05:07:39 AEST 1989

I am running Ultrix 3.0 on a Microvax II.  We have  just installed
a SCSI Disk Controller from Dilog Model SQ706A and 2 Wren V SCSI
disk drives model 94181 from CDC.

I have run format and done unit mapping on the drives.
I ran newfs on the a partion for each of the drives.
I set up all the partions with a the chpt command the way I want
them.  I then ran newfs for b and h on each of the 2 drives.

Finally I did a fsck on the a partion of the drives and this is
O.K.  I then run fsck on the b partion.  I get the error CAN'T READ
BLOCK NUMBER XXX.  This block number changes each time I try the
fsck.  I also have the same problem when I try to fsck the h partion.
I have tried it on both drives and it gives me the same error.

When I was attempting to setup the drive on my system.  I called
CDC to find out how many sec/track, track/cyl and cyl they had.
The told me the number of sec/track varied depending on which track
you where on.  They mentioned that they were using something called
"zone bit"  Can ultrix handle this?

Does anyone have a sucessful setup that is anything like this?

Help.
cat
Cathy Accettura
University of Wisconsin Space Astronomy Lab
cathy at larry.sal.wisc.edu