Mail interfaces for Ultrix

David Herron -- One of the vertebrae david at ms.uky.edu
Tue Jun 20 08:32:24 AEST 1989

In article <1697 at ucqais.uc.edu> rainwatr at ucqais.uc.edu (Donald J. Rainwater) writes:
>	Can anyone recommend any mail-handling packages for Ultrix?  I have
>a copy of MMDFII, Release B (from 1986) - is this package worth using?

er... yes

>Is
>there a more recent version?

Yes.  There's a bunch of patches files, 37 right now soon to be quite a
few more as soon as I finish this batch, ftp'able from sh.cs.net.  It
works fine on Ultrix.

>I've also heard that there is something called
>MH 6.6.  How do these packages compare?  Where can I get them?  Is there
>something better?

They don't really.  MH is a mail User Agent and MMDF is a Mail Transfer
Agent.  MMDF compares to sendmail and is, I feel, easier to configure
and overall a nicer system.  MH compares to ucbmail/Mail/mail that comes
with the system and I don't use either one so I won't say anything.  MH
is meant more for someone who gets a *LOT* of mail and wants a way to
conveniently arrange the mail.

--
<- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david at ms.uky.edu>
<- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david at UKMA.BITNET