Gnodes...

David Robinson david at elroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov
Thu Jun 1 12:59:18 AEST 1989

In article <6990 at cbmvax.UUCP> grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>In article <2162 at blake.acs.washington.edu> mtsu at blake.UUCP (Montana State) writes:
>>  ...  While we're on the subject... are gnodes
>> abstractions of inodes??

>Yeah.  gnodes are extensions of Suns vnodes which are extensions of the
>traditional inodes.

I understand vnodes quite well, could someone explain in detail the
differences between a gnode and a vnode, I assume DEC didn't just
make gratuitous changes.

If you can't supply the detail, could someone point me at any papers
on the topic or even mail me copies of the applicable ".h" files
so I can compare them with the vnode ".h" files?

--
	David Robinson		elroy!david at csvax.caltech.edu     ARPA
				david at elroy.jpl.nasa.gov	  ARPA