mail11v3

Mike Marshall hubcap at hubcap.clemson.edu
Sat Mar 25 10:42:13 AEST 1989

I believe I have determined that you can't use /usr/bin/mail11v3 without
using DEC's sendmail. At least I have determined that my sendmail.cf file
bombs out trying to do an mx lookup on host::host using sendmail 5.61 and
works fine using the sendmail executable delivered with ULTRIX. Same with
DEC's sendmail.cf - works fine with their executable, but bombs using
5.61.

I would assume this means anyone who was using MMDF or any other mail
routing program is SCREWED.

To make matters worse, DEC has absolutely broken the mail11-daemon that
is part of DECnet/ULTRIX... it used to deliver DECnet/Internet addresses
to the DECnet/Internet host looking like     gateway::user at place
             now the addresses look like     gateway::"user at place"

Try getting sendmail to parse a quoted string! ---------+
Maybe I should send DEC a copy of rfc822 :-).

ULTRIX has the potential to be such a good thing... at this moment though,
I think ULTRIX is the pits.

-Mike Marshall       hubcap at hubcap.clemson.edu    ...!hubcap!hubcap