Ultrix on uVax I

Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File. alan at shodha.dec.com
Sat Nov 11 09:13:38 AEST 1989

In article <3138 at ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, massey at typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu (Todd Massey) writes:
> I want to place ultrix on a uVax I and i need to know what the
> newest version is that will run on it.

	The last version of ULTRIX to support the MicroVAX I
	was the ULTRIX-32m V1.2.  We are now at V3.1.

> The version has to support the dgateway software, because this
> machine is to be used as a decnet/tcp-ip gateway.

	That version of ULTRIX did support DECnet, but I don't
	think the DECnet-Internet Gateway was around then.

	If you do manange to find a copy of V1.2 for the MicroVAX
	I be sure to get the version for your floating point type.

> Thanks,

	You're welcome.

Alan Rollow				alan at nabeth.enet.dec.com