xcons murders the X server

Gary Faulkner garyf at mehlville.ncsa.uiuc.EDU
Wed Oct 4 07:04:58 AEST 1989

In article <1880 at bacchus.dec.com>, klee at gilroy.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) writes:
> Note that the xcons and xterm -L stuff will be removed from X11R4 by
> MIT.  At best, it's kind of flakey.  Try using xdm or dxsession
> instead.

Ok, I know that dxsession solves the problem which xcons is attempting to
solve, but does xdm do that also (dxsession is rather large, and I had
problems with using it and xterm together)?

Thanks

> Ken Lee
> DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
> Internet: klee at decwrl.dec.com
> uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee

Gary Faulkner
National Center for Supercomputing Applications - University of Illinois
Internet: garyf at mehlville.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Disclaimer:  I've only stated my opinion, not anyone elses.