Binaries on DECstation 2100?

Steve D. Miller steve at fnord.umiacs.umd.edu
Tue Oct 17 05:43:56 AEST 1989

I have the feeling that this is a stupid question, but does a DECstation 2100
run the *exact* same binaries (including the kernel!) as a DECstation 3100?
Is there any followon Ultrix patch release needed for a 2100?  Now that our
DECstation Ultrix sources are in, I'd hate to buy a passel of machines for
which the sources might be somewhat useless, especially since it's kernel
hacking I'm the most worried about.

It seems to me that everything (again, including the kernel!) should be 100%
the same, since the machine is just a 3100 running at a slower clock rate and
with slower memory.  Still, I could be wrong...

	-Steve

Spoken: Steve Miller    Domain: steve at umiacs.umd.edu    UUCP: uunet!mimsy!steve
Phone: +1-301-454-1808  USPS: UMIACS, Univ. of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742