Binaries on DECstation 2100?

Bob Kinne bobk at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Wed Oct 18 02:11:57 AEST 1989

In article <20192 at mimsy.UUCP> steve at umiacs.umd.edu (Steve D. Miller) writes:
>I have the feeling that this is a stupid question, but does a DECstation 2100
>run the *exact* same binaries (including the kernel!) as a DECstation 3100?

Its the same kind of question that, if not asked, could lead to some
real 'gotchas.'  Information that I have been given is that the DS2100
and DS3100 share the identical machine instruction set as well as
processor (identical architectures).  If this is true, then the
binaries are interchangable.

Bob Kinne	 	Optoelectronics Computing Center
UCB, Campus Box 525	VOICE		(303) 492-3330
Boulder, CO 80309	INTERNET	bobk at boulder.Colorado.EDU