DecWindows (and how to get around them)??

George Hartzell hartzell at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Sun Oct 1 02:06:59 AEST 1989

Doing this
	cat -u /dev/xcons
in what you want to be your console window will grab all of the
console output to that window.  I was using it in the background for a
while and found that it wasn't getting killed when I logged out like the
other things that that window started up were (twm, xclock, xload), so that
I would eventually have a number of them hanging around fighting over the
console output.  I haven't looked into that yet.

Let me know what you find out about doing it right.
g.
George Hartzell			                  (303) 492-4535
 MCD Biology, University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309
hartzell at Boulder.Colorado.EDU  ..!{ncar,nbires}!boulder!hartzell