SLIP source code in ULTRIX 3.0

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Fri Oct 13 12:31:27 AEST 1989

In article <25 at danvx1.dannet.dk> danmra at danvx1.dannet.dk (Mogens Rom Andersen, Udviklingsafdelingen) writes:
> Hey ULTRIX folks
>
> We have an urgent need for SLIP connections to our microvax running ULTRIX 3.0.
>
> There is a bug in ULTRIX 3.0, which means it's impossible to run more than
> one SLIP connection, on different net in parallel. Is the problem solved
> in ULTRIX 3.1 or is there any hints from DEC on when ?

This problem has been reported here a number of times, with no particular
conclusion posted.  The code is supposed to be derived from the standard
slip sources, however it has been integrated is a somewhat different
manner.  It's not clear whether then limitation of 1 line is because it
was compiled that way, or whether it's a bug in the Ultrix implementation.

It would be nice if somebody could look in the sources and see if there
is a compile time option for number of lines.  If so, it's probably
patchable.  I don't have the time right now to go though adb analysis
of the code...

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net